Overwatch 2's recent Invasion update has introduced several new additions to the game, including the Flashpoint mode. This arena control game mode requires more teamwork and coordination than previous modes, making it essential for players to improve their skills in order to succeed.
1) Have Heroes with Good Mobility: Flashpoint maps are large and expansive, so it's important to have heroes with good mobility to quickly capture and defend the flashpoints. Heroes like Wrecking Ball, Doomfist, and Echo are great picks for their mobility abilities. If you have to use slower characters, like Ana or Sigma, Lucio's speed boost can help you move around faster.
2) Stick With the Team: Given the size of the maps, it's easy to get separated from your team, which makes you vulnerable to the enemy team. Stay close to your teammates to maximize efficiency and provide support when needed.
3) Impede the Opponent's Progress: Use heroes with utility abilities, such as Mei's ice wall or Winston and D.VA's ability to deny space, to slow down the opponent's progress. Stalling even for a little bit can make a difference between a win and a loss.
4) Be Agile and Adapt: Always be on the move and don't hesitate to switch heroes if needed. Some spawn points can be far from the flashpoint, so it's important to be quick and not waste time. Experiment with different heroes and strategies to find what works best for each scenario.
5) Memorize Flashpoint Locations: Flashpoint maps have multiple flashpoints, and players need to capture three to win. Take the time to memorize the locations of each flashpoint and the paths leading to them. Playing the mode frequently will help you familiarize yourself with the maps and improve your navigation skills.
In conclusion, improving at Flashpoint in Overwatch 2 requires good coordination, mobility, and map awareness. By following these tips, players can enhance their gameplay and contribute to their team's success in this challenging game mode.
– Overwatch Flashpoint Mode Tips: How to Improve at the New Mode in Overwatch 2, Sportskeeda