Epic Games has announced that it will be raising the prices of V-Bucks, the in-game currency of Fortnite, starting next month. The increase in the value of the in-game currency compared to real money will take effect in October 2023 in several countries, including Europe and the USA. Italy, as part of the Eurozone countries, will also see this increase in October.
According to Epic Games, the price adjustments for V-Buck packages have been made based on economic factors such as inflation and currency fluctuations. The company has released a new table detailing the price changes.
While the prices for Fortnite Crew subscriptions will remain unchanged, the popular V-Buck packages will be affected by the increase. The new price table shows increases ranging from 1 euro to as much as 10 euros for the richer bundles.
For example, the price changes for the following bundles are the most noticeable:
– 1000 V-Buck bundle: increased from 7.99 euros to 8.99 euros
– 2800 V-Buck bundle: increased from 19.99 euros to 22.99 euros
– 5000 V-Buck bundle: increased from 31.99 euros to 36.99 euros
– 13500 V-Buck bundle: increased from 79.99 euros to 89.99 euros
In recent times, Epic Games has faced financial challenges, with CEO Tim Sweeney stating that the company's profits are lower than its expenses. As a result, the company has undergone internal restructuring, which will result in almost 900 developer layoffs.
Overall, these price increases for V-Bucks in Fortnite reflect the economic realities faced by Epic Games and their efforts to address financial concerns within the company.
– Source Article: [Provide source title] – Image Source: [Provide image source title]