As an avid gaming and motorsports enthusiast, I‘m eagerly awaiting the release of F1 22 to experience all the new features and updated content from the 2022 Formula 1 season. Getting your hands on the F1 22 demo for free is a great way to take the game for a test drive before deciding whether to buy. In this comprehensive guide, I‘ll walk you through all the methods and tips to access the demo at no cost.
Download the 10-Hour Trial through EA Play
The easiest way to play the F1 22 demo is to download the 10-hour trial through EA Play. EA Play is a game subscription service from Electronic Arts that grants access to trials of new releases.
Here‘s how it works:
- On Xbox consoles, EA Play is included with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which costs $14.99 per month.
- On PlayStation, you can subscribe directly to EA Play for $4.99 per month.
- Once subscribed, search for F1 22 in your console‘s digital store and download the EA Play trial.
This will grant you 10 full hours of unrestricted access to F1 22. You can test out all the game modes and your progress will carry over if you purchase the full game. It‘s an extremely generous trial offering ample time to experience the new title.
Sign Up for a Free EA Play Trial
If you don‘t currently have EA Play, not to worry – you can sign up for a free trial to access the F1 22 demo.
Here are the options:
- On Xbox consoles, new users can start a 1-month free EA Play trial through the Xbox store.
- For PlayStation consoles, EA offers a 7-day free trial of EA Play for first-time subscribers. You can sign up on EA‘s website.
These free trials grant full use of EA Play just like a paid membership, including the 10-hour F1 22 demo access. It‘s a great way to take the game for a test drive at no cost. Just be sure to cancel the renewal if you don‘t want to be charged at the end of the trial.
Watch for Free Play Days on Xbox
Occasionally Microsoft hosts "Free Play Days" events on Xbox consoles allowing all users to play certain games free for a limited time.
Past F1 titles have been included in these events. It‘s worth keeping an eye out around the F1 22 release date in case the full game becomes freely accessible for a weekend. This would allow you to test out the full experience at no cost.
Find Discounted EA Play Subscription Codes
Paid EA Play membership normally costs $4.99 per month or $29.99 per year. However, you can often find discounted subscription codes from various retailers:
- CDKeys frequently offers 12-month codes for around $20, 33% off the normal price.
- Origin sometimes offers first-month discounts for new EA Play members.
- Retailers like Amazon, GreenManGaming, and more also run occasional EA Play promos.
A $20 annual pass is a great value to get cheap access to the F1 22 trial and demo all year long. Keep an eye out for deals.
Wait for F1 22 to Arrive on Xbox Game Pass
Xbox Game Pass grants members access to a library of games for one monthly fee. Past F1 titles have been added to Game Pass around 6-8 months after release.
Based on this pattern, F1 22 will likely come to Game Pass before the end of 2022. If you‘re willing to wait, joining Xbox Game Pass could give you access to the full F1 22 experience at no additional cost.
Be sure to add F1 22 to your Xbox Wish List so you‘re notified as soon as it arrives on Game Pass.
Does PlayStation Have Free Access Options?
Unfortunately, PlayStation does not offer any options to play F1 22 completely free at launch. The 7-day EA Play trial is the closest option.
In the future, F1 22 may arrive on the new PlayStation Plus Premium catalog which includes game trials and downloads. But this is unlikely to happen until well after release.
For now, PlayStation owners should target the EA Play trial or watch for occasional Free Play Days events to get hands-on with F1 22 before buying.
Will F1 22 Have a Public Beta or Demo?
Based on details provided by EA and Codemasters so far, F1 22 does not appear to be getting an open beta or separate free demo.
In the past, public betas for F1 titles have been announced about 1 month prior to release. The lack of any beta announcement suggests the 10-hour EA Play trial is standing in place of an open demo this year.
Of course there‘s always a possibility of a surprise beta or demo popping up later. But I wouldn‘t count on it based on current information.
Maximizing Your 10-Hour Trial Time
Thanks to EA Play, you have a very generous 10 hours to experience F1 22 for free. Here are some tips to help maximize your trial:
- Disable autosave – This prevents time draining in the background.
- Focus on key modes – Spend time checking out My Team, Career, and Multiplayer.
- Set settings early – Tweak settings right away instead of wasting trial time experimenting.
- Try different tracks – Don‘t just run Australia repeatedly – sample a variety of locales.
- Benchmark performance – Test frame rates and graphics options to assess performance.
10 hours is ample time to get a great feel for F1 22. Following these tips will ensure you make the most of the trial.
Does F1 22 Demo Progress Carry Over?
Yes, any progress you make during the F1 22 EA Play trial will carry over to the full game.
If you purchase F1 22 after playing the demo, you‘ll retain all your saved career progress, multiplayer rankings, acquired currency, and more.
This makes the demo even more valuable, as you can get a head start on the full game during your trial time.
Can You Play F1 22 Multiplayer During the Trial?
A major benefit of the F1 22 demo is that it grants full access to online multiplayer and split-screen racing.
You can race against opponents online, join leagues, and enjoy cooperative career mode during the 10-hour trial period.
To access online play:
- Xbox requires an Xbox Live Gold subscription
- PlayStation only needs a free PlayStation Network account
So gather some friends and enjoy multiplayer during your demo time.
Pre-Load the F1 22 Demo
You can pre-load the F1 22 trial before release so it‘s ready to play the moment your 10 hours begins.
On Xbox, search for F1 22 in the store and select the pre-install option.
On PlayStation, find F1 22 in the PS Store and choose to download it ahead of time.
Pre-loading prevents wasting your trial time installing the demo and lets you dive straight into racing.
Use the Demo to Benchmark Performance
A key benefit of sampling F1 22 early is you can assess how it performs on different hardware.
Pay close attention to frame rates and adjustability when comparing:
- Xbox Series X/S vs. older Xbox One consoles
- PS5 vs. PS4 models
- High-end gaming PC vs. budget PC
This data can help inform your purchasing decision on which platform to buy F1 22 for.
Provide Feedback to the Developers
As you play the F1 22 demo, don‘t forget to give your feedback directly to Codemasters.
Look for in-game feedback options or reach out via the official Formula 1 game social media channels. Share what you like, what needs improvement, and any bugs encountered.
Codemasters still has time to tweak F1 22 before release, so your demo feedback can help polish and enhance the final product.
The Bottom Line
Despite no announced public beta, savvy gamers still have great options to play F1 22 for free:
- Xbox players can access the full demo via EA Play and Game Pass Ultimate
- PlayStation owners can enjoy a 7-day EA Play free trial
- Watch for Xbox Free Play Days events offering temporary full game access
- Snag deals on discounted EA Play membership for cheap long-term access
Take advantage of these methods to enjoy extensive hands-on time with F1 22 before release. Test out all the new features and content to determine if the latest Formula 1 title is worth your hard-earned cash on day one. Happy racing!