The short answer is yes, Netboom does offer a free membership option but it is limited compared to paid plans. You can play free-to-play games and access 1 hour sessions, but will need a paid subscription for unlimited access to Netboom‘s full catalog of over 100 games.
What Exactly is Netboom?
Netboom is a cloud gaming service, which means the games are hosted on remote servers owned by Netboom instead of needing to be downloaded and installed on your device. This allows you to stream and play graphics-intensive video games instantly without expensive gaming hardware. All the heavy computational work is done on Netboom‘s servers, then the video and audio is streamed to your phone, tablet, PC or smart TV over the internet. Pretty neat right?
As your virtual gaming buddy, let me walk you through exactly how Netboom works and what benefits it provides compared to traditional gaming.
Key Advantages of Cloud Gaming
Here are some of the main perks that a service like Netboom provides:
- Play high end games without an expensive gaming PC or console. All you need is a screen and internet connection.
- Start playing games instantly without waiting for downloads, updates and installations.
- Play on multiple devices seamlessly – phone, tablet, computer, TV because the game runs remotely.
- New titles are added frequently to the cloud gaming library so tons of variety.
Of course, cloud gaming does have some limitations which I‘ll explain shortly. But first, let‘s look at how Netboom‘s membership plans work.
Breaking Down Netboom‘s Free vs Paid Tiers
Netboom offers both a free membership option and paid subscription plans. Here‘s an overview:
- Access to free-to-play games like Fortnite and Genshin Impact.
- 1 hour session limit then need to requeue.
- 720p resolution.
- Limited to base game, no DLCs or addons.
Premium Membership – $12.99/month
- Full catalog of over 100 games like Cyberpunk 2077 and Read Dead Redemption 2.
- Unlimited gaming sessions up to 4 hours.
- 1080p HD streaming.
- Add-ons and DLCs included.
There are also higher paid tiers like Ultra ($24.99/month) which offer benefits like 4K streaming, 8 hour sessions, and virtual desktop access.
But the base Premium plan unlocks unlimited access to Netboom‘s full library for a fair price comparable to Xbox GamePass or PlayStation Plus.
Now let‘s examine the pros and cons of cloud gaming services compared to traditional PC/console gaming.
Cloud Gaming – Advantages vs Disadvantages
- No expensive hardware needed – Play the latest AAA games without an $800+ gaming PC or $500 console.
- Instant play – Start gaming immediately without waiting for gigabyte downloads or updates.
- Play anywhere – Stream games to practically any internet-connected device like phones, tablets, PCs, smart TVs.
- New titles frequently added – Cloud gaming libraries expand much faster than buying new games.
- Fast stable internet required – Streaming games uses lots of data so an unreliable connection causes lag, pixelation.
- Input lag – The time for your button presses to register on-screen may be slightly delayed compared to a locally running game.
- Smaller libraries – Cloud gaming catalogs are more curated and smaller than the thousands of titles available on Steam or console stores.
Now that you understand the pros and cons, let‘s go over some tips to maximize Netboom‘s free tier.
Tips to Take Advantage of Netboom‘s Free Membership
Here are some suggestions to get the most out of the free version:
- Take full advantage of time-limited trials and free weekends for paid games offered by Netboom.
- Use the 1 hour sessions to try out demo/trial modes for paid games like Far Cry 6 and Assassin‘s Creed Valhalla.
- When your session ends, requeue immediately to minimize wait times which are shorter for free members.
- Disable the data cap in account settings to lift bandwidth restrictions which can affect video quality.
- Follow Netboom on social media for giveaway announcements and news of new free game additions.
While the free tier is limited, it lets you experience the benefits of cloud gaming firsthand. And paid memberships are reasonably priced if you want unlimited access.
The Future of Gaming is Cloud-Based
Cloud gaming represents an exciting shift in the future of video games. According to a report by Grand View Research, the global cloud gaming market is projected to grow at 29% per year, reaching $7.24 billion by 2030.
The convenience and accessibility of streaming games on demand on any device with no expensive hardware is incredibly appealing. While still early, cloud technology will only improve over time with reduced latency and expanded libraries.
Major companies like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Sony, Nvidia all offer some form of cloud gaming service. This shows the enormous potential of gaming moving to the cloud.
The Verdict: Netboom Makes Cloud Gaming Accessible
While it has some limitations, Netboom‘s free tier allows you to experience the benefits of cloud gaming firsthand. And their paid membership pricing is competitive compared to traditional console and game purchases.
As your virtual gaming buddy, I definitely think Netboom is worth trying out, especially as cloud technology continues rapidly improving in the coming years. It provides an accessible entry point to see the huge potential and future of cloud-based gaming.
So in summary, yes Netboom does offer free membership but upgrading to a paid plan unlocks much more content and functionality. Ultimately, Netboom succeeds in making cloud gaming available to the masses.
Let me know if you have any other questions! I‘m always happy to chat more about gaming tech and tips.