MVP Points are a new currency in NBA 2K23‘s MyCareer mode that tracks your progression. Unlike VC which you spend, MVP Points work like a progress bar – earning enough will increase your MyCareer level and unlock rewards. But how exactly do they work? Let‘s dive into everything you need to know about MVP Points in 2K23.
Where Do MVP Points Come From?
There are a few core ways to earn MVP Points as you play NBA 2K23:
- Playing full games – Every MyCareer game you finish will give MVP Points based on your performance. The better you play, the more you‘ll earn. Games can award anywhere from 500 to over 2,000 MVP.
- Completing quests – Various story and daily quests offer large MVP Point payouts when finished, usually 1,000+ per quest. Always check for new quests.
- Milestone bonuses – Getting certain in-game stats like 25 points or 15 rebounds will make milestone badges popup during games, awarding bonus MVP Points.
- Daily bonus goals – There are rotating daily goals that offer around 2,000 MVP Points each for things like winning games or hitting 3-pointers.
- Leveling up builds – When you collect enough MyPoints to upgrade your MyPlayer‘s overall rating, you‘ll also get 1,000+ MVP as a level up reward.
To maximize earnings, you‘ll want to mix efficient grinding of full games with completing agendas and daily goals. Let‘s analyze how MVP Point rewards scale.
MVP Point Rewards & Calculation Analysis
Based on tests from sites like 2K Labs, here is how MVP Point rewards are calculated:
- Base reward per game: 500-1,000 MVP
- Performance bonus: Up to 1,000 additional MVP based on your grade, stats and team result
- Quest/milestone bonuses: Typically 1,000-3,000 MVP per major objective
- Daily bonus: Around 2,000 MVP each for the three daily goals
- MyPlayer level ups: 1,000+ MVP per overall rating increase
Add these together and a good grinding session could net around 8,000+ MVP Points per hour on average at higher levels. Games, quests and dailies refresh daily, so you can repeat this cycle.
Some key takeaways:
- Focus on A+ grades – Boosts your performance bonus MVP drastically. Get lots of assists, rebounds and good shooting.
- Finish games – Quitting early severely cuts base MVP earned per game.
- Do daily goals – Easy 2,000 MVP each. Prioritize ones that align with your playstyle.
- Quests are key – 1,000 MVP per short quest means they are very time efficient.
Let‘s now analyze what rewards MVP Points unlock at higher levels.
Milestone Rewards Breakdown
As your MyCareer Level increases from earning MVP Points, here are some of the key rewards unlocked:
|Gym Rat Badge (Permanent Boosts)
|10 Boost Slots
|BMX Bike Vehicle
Other rewards like clothing, emotes and Season XP also populate in between major unlocks. Some takeaways:
- Level 7 Gym Rat Badge is crucial – Permanent +4 physical attribute boosts. Huge early game upgrade.
- Boost Slots at Level 14 – Lets you equip more boosts to enhance earnings.
- Vehicles help traverse – Skateboard and BMX bike speed up getting around the city hubs.
- Earning Boosts speeds up process – Unlocking unlimited boost slots speeds up MVP Point gains.
Reaching Level 40 offers minor rewards, so focus on major unlocks up to 35-36 for efficiency.
Impact on MyCareer Meta Progression
Beyond the direct Milestone rewards, MVP Points also tie into seasonal progression systems and events.
- Season Progression XP – Earning MVP contributes to your overall Season Level, alongside MyCAREER games played.
- Event Participation – Limited events will often require reaching certain MVP Milestone levels to enter.
- Requirement for Story Quests – Advancing the main MyCAREER story will need milestone levels.
As a result, MVP Points have a holistic impact on progressing your MyCAREER experience. The meta shift is that MVP acts as the core progression mechanic, rather than just MyREP grinding.
Tips to Maximize MVP Point Earnings
To quickly accumulate MVP Points and gain a meta progression edge in MyCAREER, keep these tips in mind:
- Lower the quarter length to 5 minutes – Condense games to maximize per hour rate.
- Focus on A+ grades – Grade heavily factors into performance bonus MVP. Get tons of assists and rebounds.
- Sim out with big leads – If up 25+ points, sim to end to preserve perfect grades.
- Squad up with friends – Easier to win games and coordinate for milestones.
- Equip useful boosts – Boosts that enhance finishing, playmaking and other attributes.
- Do daily quests and bonus goals – Easy 2,000+ MVP each, great for fast level ups.
- Play MyCareer events – Events will often provide 2x or 3x MVP Point bonuses.
- Buy skill boosts – Boosts like Extreme Work Ethic enhance MVP earnings rate.
With the right optimization, you can expect to earn around 6,000 – 10,000+ MVP Points per hour played once you have boosts unlocked.
Hopefully this guide gives you a better understanding of how to maximize MVP Points. They are crucial for fast MyCAREER progression and unlocking meta boosts. Keep grinding games, quests and dailies to level up faster than your friends. You‘ll be the MVP in no time!