Hey friend! As a fellow gaming enthusiast, I know you‘re always looking for great free games. Well, you‘ve come to the right place. I‘ve got the inside scoop on how to score the best free games on Epic Games Store in 2023.
Free Games on Epic Right Now
First things first – let‘s look at what games you can grab for free on Epic at this very moment:
Current Free Games
- The Cuphead Show! – Available until February 2nd
- Asemblance – Available until February 2nd
The Cuphead Show is especially cool since it‘s based on the popular retro-style Cuphead game. Don‘t miss out on nabbing it!
How Does Epic‘s Weekly Free Game System Work?
Now let me explain how Epic‘s free games work so you can start building an awesome gaming library:
- Every Thursday at 11 AM Eastern Time, Epic reveals the new free game(s)
- The games are available for free for 1 week only
- You need to claim them before the next Thursday, after which they get replaced by new games
- All you need is a free Epic account to claim the games
Sounds pretty sweet right? But there‘s more…
You Own the Games Forever
The best part is that once claimed, these free games are yours to keep and play forever. Epic just gives them to you with no strings attached.
Get this – in 2022 alone, Epic gave away a whopping 99 free games. The total value of these freebies was over $2,120 if you add up their retail prices!
So if you claim them each week, you‘ll amass an epic library in no time.
What Kinds of Genres are Included in the Free Games?
You might think Epic only gives away casual mobile-like games. Nope! The free games span a wide range of genres and types:
- RPGs – Pillars of Eternity, Tyranny
- Shooters – BioShock Collection, Call of Duty WW2
- Adventure Games – Life is Strange Complete
- Strategy – Civilization VI, XCOM 2
- Action – Just Cause 4, Saints Row IV
- Racing – Dirt Rally, Absolute Drift
And it‘s not just older games either. Epic gives away new and recently released premium games too.
Are the Games High Quality?
Absolutely! The free games are AAA titles that are critically praised and have great reviews. We‘re talking about stuff like:
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Civilization VI
- Borderlands Handsome Collection
- Metro 2033 Redux
These are all $20+ games that are yours for the low price of $0!
Pro Tips to Never Miss Free Games
Now that you know how amazing these free games are, let‘s talk about how to make sure you never miss out on the weekly freebies:
Tip #1: Set Reminders
I set up calendar reminders on Wednesday nights so I remember to check the Epic Store Thursday morning. You can also set phone alerts.
Tip #2: Wishlist Upcoming Games
Add games you want to your Epic wishlist. You‘ll get an email when something on your wishlist goes free.
Tip #3: Follow on Social Media
Epic announces the next free game on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Turn on notifications so you don‘t miss their announcement!
Tip #4: Claim DLCs and Bonuses
Some free games come with DLCs, soundtracks, and bonus content. Don‘t forget to grab those too.
Tip #5: Grab Now, Play Later
Even if your PC can‘t run a free game right now, claim it anyway and you‘ll have it forever.
Step-by-Step Guide to Downloading Free Games
Let‘s quickly walk through how to actually add the free games to your library:
- Open up the Epic Games Store app
- Go to the Free Games section
- Find the current week‘s free game and click "Get"
- The game will be added to your library automatically
- Click on your library and install the game when you want to play!
It only takes a few clicks to score amazing free games with Epic. Sweet!
Phew, that was a lot of info! But now you have the inside track on how to take full advantage of Epic‘s phenomenal free games. From the weekly games to tips and tricks, you‘ve got this.
Happy gaming my friend! With your newfound knowledge, you‘ll be on your way to building an incredible library of free games. See you on the virtual battlefield 😉