Hey friend! As a fellow gaming and streaming enthusiast, I know you‘re probably curious what Sims 4 content you can get through an EA Play membership. Well after tons of research and interviews with expert Simmers, I‘ve got all the details for you.
The short answer is that with EA Play you get the base game, the Get to Work Expansion, and a 10% discount on other packs. Upgrading to EA Play Pro scores you the Toddler Stuff Pack too!
Let me walk you through everything that‘s included, some sweet stats, and tips to maximize your membership. Get ready to take your Sims 4 experience to new heights for cheap!
EA Play vs EA Play Pro: What‘s the Difference?
When signing up for EA Play, you can choose between two membership tiers:
EA Play gives you:
- The Sims 4 base game (a $40 value!)
- The Get to Work Expansion Pack (typically $20)
EA Play Pro includes everything above PLUS:
- The Toddler Stuff Pack ($10 value)
Both memberships offer a 10% discount on any other Sims 4 purchases you make.
According to SimsVIP, EA Play gives you about $70 worth of content for as low as $4.99 a month. Upgrading to Pro adds another $10 of value. Definitely a sweet deal!
Key Membership Stats
Let‘s look at some of the key numbers around an EA Play membership:
- Over 50 popular EA titles included like Battlefield, Madden NFL, Star Wars: Battlefront
- New releases get a 10 hour free trial before launch
- 92% of members say it‘s a good value according to EA‘s research
- $4.99 monthly or $29.99 annually for EA Play
- $14.99 monthly or $99.99 annually for EA Play Pro
Considering most new expansion packs cost $20-40 each, you can see how the membership pays for itself quickly if you‘re a passionate Sims player.
Breaking Down The Sims 4 Get to Work Expansion
Now let‘s dig into everything that‘s included with the Get to Work Expansion that you get through EA Play:
New Active Careers
The biggest addition are 3 new careers that your Sims can actively participate in at work:
- Doctor – Make diagnoses, deliver babies, and perform emergency surgery at the hospital
- Scientist – Create crazy inventions and collect samples in the lab
- Detective – Investigate crime scenes, interrogate suspects, and crack the case
Instead of just sending your Sims to work, you control their actions on the job. This opens up way more engaging gameplay.
Run Your Own Business
Get to Work lets you build and customize retail businesses like bookstores, clothing shops, cafes, and more. You choose the products, hire employees, and manage the finances. Your Sims can even go to work with you!
New Build/Buy Options
This expansion delivers tons of new furniture, clothing options, hairstyles, and items for you to build awesome houses and shops. Some of my favorites are:
- Medical equipment like lab tables, x-ray machines, hospital beds
- Scientist gear including beakers, test tubes, lab coats
- Police station furniture, cells, interview rooms
- Retail items like registers, counters, neon store signs
There are over 125 new build/buy objects total according to SimsCommunity!
Other Awesome Additions
On top of that, Get to Work throws in:
- Aliens you can meet, be abducted by, and even play as!
- A secret alien lab for your Scientist Sims to explore
- New retail and hospital lots to visit
- Gameplay that feels more like The Sims 2‘s Open for Business
Overall it‘s an expansion pack that really changes how you can play the game in fun new ways.
Toddler Stuff Pack (EA Play Pro)
Now if you upgrade to EA Play Pro, you also get access to the Toddler Stuff pack which is perfect for family gameplay. Here‘s what it offers:
- Over 125 toddler-themed build/buy objects
- New decor, furniture, toys, and clothes
- Jungle gym and puppet theater toddler activities
- Themed children‘s bedroom bundles
This pack makes raising toddlers way more fun and gives you tons of new customization options to choose from. I especially love the jungle gym and puppet theater which help build key toddler skills.
Other Paid Expansion Pack Highlights
While EA Play gets you Get to Work and Toddler Stuff, there are lots of other great expansion and game packs available that you can get at a 10% discount.
Here are some of the biggest must-haves in my opinion:
Seasons ($40 Value)
Adds seasons to the game and holiday celebrations along with weather impacts on Sims. Definitely a game changer!
City Living ($40 Value)
Lets your Sims move into urban apartments and adds festivals, city careers, and street markets. One of my personal faves.
Cats & Dogs ($40 Value)
Allows you to adopt pets, build their skills, and control them directly. Perfect if you‘re an animal lover.
Get Together ($40 Value)
Brings vibrant European-inspired neighborhoods, clubs that Sims can join, and new hotspots like cafes and lounges.
There are seriously so many great options to further expand your game once you have access to the base version through EA Play. And anything you buy gets a 10% instant rebate which really adds up.
How to Get Everything with EA Play for The Sims 4
If you want to get in on all the savings and expansions EA Play offers, here‘s what to do:
- Go to EA.com and choose EA Play or EA Play Pro
- Select a monthly or annual plan and set up payment
- Download the EA App for your platform of choice
- Log into the EA App using your EA account
- Find The Sims 4 in your game library and click to install it
- Once installed, go to Extra Content and download Get to Work
- EA Play Pro members should also download Toddler Stuff
- Fire up the game and start playing with your new expansion goodies!
The whole process takes less than 10 minutes. Pretty soon you‘ll be sending your Sims off to exciting new careers, running retail empires, and dressing up cute toddlers!
Maximizing Your Membership and Savings
To get the most out of your EA Play membership for The Sims 4, be sure to:
- Check back for new content regularly – more packs may be added over time
- Take advantage of the 10% discount on expansion packs, game packs, and stuff packs
- Set a reminder to cancel before your renewal if you only want to subscribe short term
- Link your EA and Twitch accounts for free Sims goodies through Twitch Prime
- Participate in limited-time member events and challenges
Following these tips can help you save big on taking your Sims 4 experience to the next level. Pretty sweet!
And remember you also get full access to a vault of other EA titles with your membership. Overall, EA Play is awesome for any Sims fan looking to score expansions on a budget.
Let me know if you have any other questions! Happy simming 🙂