Hey friend! If you‘re a Hitman fan like me, you‘re probably excited about the new Freelancer mode coming on January 26. I know you‘re wondering: will this big update be free or do you have to pay for it?
Well, I‘ve dug into all the details and have great news: IO Interactive has confirmed Freelancer will be 100% free for all existing Hitman 3 owners!
As a fellow budget-conscious gamer, I‘m thrilled we won‘t have to shell out more money to experience Hitman‘s new sandbox approach. In this guide, I‘ll give you a full overview of Freelancer, how to access it, key features, tips to succeed, and why this free update is so game-changing for fans like us.
Freelancer Lets Us Experience Hitman Like Never Before
When IOI first announced Freelancer last January, I was super excited but also a bit skeptical. Could it really deliver on its promise of letting us fully customize our journey through the World of Assassination?
Now having pored over all the details, I really believe this mode will enable us to play Hitman exactly how we want to. Here‘s a quick rundown of why Freelancer is so revolutionary:
- Freedom to pick missions – We can take on contracts in any order across all 3 games. The only limits are our reputation levels and safehouse upgrades.
- Persistent player progression – As we complete contracts, our safehouse will level up and we‘ll gain access to more gear and better-paying missions.
- Truly live simulation– The locations will feel more dynamic thanks to new ambient challenges, interactions and NPC behaviors.
- Customize your approach – We get to identify our own assassination strategies instead of following objectives. This emphasizes creativity.
- Use any equipment anywhere – All the gear we unlock can be brought to every level now, expanding our options exponentially.
- Higher stakes – Dying means losing equipped gear, so we‘ll need to be extra tactical.
Bottom line, Freelancer will let us roleplay as a globe-trotting assassin like never before!
How to Get Freelancer Mode for Free
Freelancer will launch on January 26 as part of a major game update for Hitman 3. Here‘s how we‘ll be able to access it:
- Make sure to download the newest Hitman 3 update when it releases.
- Boot up the game and look for the new "Freelancer" option on the main menu.
- We‘ll go through a quick tutorial to learn the ropes
- After that, we can start browsing and selecting contracts to take on!
The process should be seamless as long as we own the base Hitman 3 game and have version 3.120 or later installed.
Even better, Hitman 3 will also become the full World of Assassination bundle on January 26. This means we‘ll get all content from Hitman 1 and 2 added to our game for free!
So in summary, the Freelancer update gives us an awesome new mode at no extra cost. And we‘ll get the entire trilogy in one package. IOI is really hooking us up!
Key Features and Gameplay – Freedom With Consequences
Freelancer represents a major shift in how we can experience Hitman‘s intricate sandbox stages. Here are the key features we have to look forward to:
The Freedom to Shape Our Own Adventure
For the first time, we can truly customize our journey as an assassin for hire. I love how Freelancer focuses purely on gameplay freedom rather than linear storytelling. We can:
- Take on contracts in any order we want
- Build reputation with different criminal groups to unlock new missions
- Upgrade our safehouse as we level up to gain more starting options
It feels like we‘ll really be roleplaying as a globetrotting agent shaping our own adventure.
An Immersive Sim Playground
Freelancer leverages Hitman‘s detailed simulations fully. All the locations will feel more alive with added challenges to discover and more unique NPC behaviors. With new reasons to explore, we‘ll get to know these worlds more intricately than ever before.
Meaningful Progression Systems
As we complete jobs, our actions will have tangible effects like safehouse upgrades and reputation perks with factions. Other progression elements like unlocking new gear provide long term incentives to keep honing our skills.
Higher Risks Raise the Stakes
The fact that we permanently lose any gear we bring into a mission if we die adds real consequences to failure. Stealth and preparation become much more crucial, enhancing the tension greatly.
In summary, Freelancer finds the perfect balance between freedom and consequences. We shape the experience, but our actions carry weight. That‘s such a smart evolution of the formula!
My Top 5 Freelancer Tips and Strategies For You
Approaching Hitman‘s intricate levels with complete freedom can definitely be daunting at first. Here are 5 tips from an expert assassin to help you thrive:
1. Observe and Take Notes
Early on, don‘t worry about blitzing through missions. Instead, thoroughly explore and take notes on routines, equipment locations, and creative kill methods. This intel will be invaluable long term!
2. Quick Save Often
Make a habit of manually saving your game frequently, especially before risky maneuvers. Losing significant progress from a death can be super frustrating. Quicksaving prevents headaches!
3. Disguises Are Your Best Friend
Disguising as certain personnel unlocks huge advantages. Make sure to identify which outfits have useful access abilities, and use them to infiltrate secure areas.
4. Get Creative With Equipment
All the tools and devices in Hitman can be combined in unexpected ways. Take time to experiment – the wackiest solutions are often the most satisfying!
5. When In Doubt, Improvise
Even the best plans can go wrong in Hitman‘s chaotic worlds. Don‘t be afraid to think on your feet and adapt when things get messy. That improv skill will serve you well!
Follow these tips, and you‘ll be a master freelance assassin in no time!
Why Freelancer‘s Free Update is a Game-Changer
I hope this guide has helped explain why Hitman 3‘s Freelancer mode is so revolutionary for fans like us. By focusing purely on player freedom, it realizes the potential of the World of Assassination more fully than ever before.
And the fact that IOI is giving us this whole new way to experience Hitman for free just demonstrates their amazing commitment to creating value for fans.
Here‘s a quick recap of why Freelancer is a total game-changer:
- Encourages creativity – The open-ended design truly accommodates every playstyle
- Adds infinite replay value – We‘ll want to revisit levels constantly to try new approaches
- Makes the trilogy feel whole – Finally we can use all content from each game seamlessly
- Rewards mastery – Improving skills feels meaningful with the new progression
- Zero additional cost – This huge update is totally free for existing owners
Bottom line, Freelancer‘s paradigm shift cements Hitman as one of the most replayable and dynamic stealth series out there. And IOI‘s generosity gives us an excuse to fully rediscover these sandboxes we know and love. I can‘t wait to jump in on January 26!
Let me know if you have any other Hitman Freelancer questions, and I‘ll be happy to help! Have fun out there when you embark on your globetrotting career, assassin.