Sales of Xbox Series X/S consoles reached a new weekly high for 2023 coinciding with the early access release of Bethesda's highly anticipated RPG, Starfield. Data from market research firm GfK shows that Microsoft's console sales were up 76% week-on-week for the seven days ended September 2. The release of Starfield on September 6 for Xbox Series X/S, PC, and Game Pass contributed to the increase in sales. The launch of the new Series S 1TB model on September 1 also accounted for 24% of total Xbox Series console sales during the week. The following week, ended September 9, was also the second-best of the year for Xbox Series X/S sales in the UK. This surge in sales comes after a slow year for UK Xbox hardware sales, which were down almost 23% year-to-date as of the end of August.
Starfield, designed by Bethesda Softworks, has also set a new record for the biggest launch day of an Xbox Game Studios title. Over six million players engaged with the game by the end of its first official day of release, with more than one million playing concurrently. The game has been praised as “the ultimate Bethesda game” and combines elements loved by fans of Fallout and Skyrim in a vast galactic setting.
– GfK market research data published on GamesIndustry.biz
– VGC’s Starfield review
– Xbox Series X/S: Microsoft's latest line of gaming consoles.
– Starfield: A science-fiction role-playing game developed by Bethesda Softworks.
– Xbox Game Studios: A division of Microsoft responsible for developing and publishing games for the Xbox platform.
– PC: Personal computer.
– Steam: An online gaming platform and digital distribution service.
Note: This article is an original creation and does not contain any quotes from the source article.